Monday, September 19, 2011

DCUO Going Free to Play

I was incredibly intrigued about DC Universe Online. The idea of creating and playing my own superhero (or villain) in the DC universe seams interesting to me. I had even downloaded the beta at one point, but unfortunately it was released right before I was going out of town on vacation and the beta period had ended by the time I came back so I never got a chance to check it out.

However, I couldn't stomach the idea of paying a monthly fee to do so.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one.

Sony today announced that DCUO is going "Free To Play" next month. Which means you can download the title and play completely for free... but there will be "enticements" that you can purchase (with real money). The "Free To Play" model has been successful for several smaller MMO games and I think DCUO fits this pattern.

I'll definitely be checking this out at some point, and I'm more than willing to give them the $5 to get "Premium Access". (although the $15 per month Legendary tier is right out).

Read more after the break...
DC Universe Online for PS3

What could possibly be better than battling with thousands of other players online in the first, and only, action MMO on the PS? How about battling FOR FREE? That’s right, DC Universe Online will soon be free to download from the PlayStation Store, and free-to-play with no monthly fees required.

Read more at blog.us.playstation.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment