Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Android 101 -- Updating Apps

More from androidcentral for folks new to android. This time it's an explanation of how to run your own app updates. Personally, I'm addicted. I check for updates multiple times a day.



Yes, seriously. I told you. I'm addicted.

App updates

Installing applications from the market is one thing, but keeping them up to date with the most current  version is a whole other piece. Most developers are constantly working behind the scenes to improve their applications, and every so often they drop a new version for us all in the Android market, and installing them is quite important. We are lucky enough to have the ability to have our applications auto update in the market now, but not everyone is a fan of that. Personally I like to read the change log and see what exactly has been improved, or if the developer has any notes regarding the update. For me, I update manually, and here is how.

Read more at www.androidcentral.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment