Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Two screen laptops... sounds heavy to me

Personally, I'm sick of lugging around my single-screen, 17" Dell M90 laptop that my company issued me for work. I know a lot of developers and video professionalls crave screen real-estate so I expect there is a (albiet niche) market here, but I just can't see many people wanting to make this their "daily driver". I'm due for a replacement at work and I'm seriously considering downgrading from the "high end" laptop to the company's "standard" configuration (which is a 15" screen) just to save on the weight. That being said, even the new high-end machines are thinner and lighter (albeit still 17") then the M90 so maybe I would be still okay with the high end. I would hate to give up the high end processor/memory/graphics card, but bulk IS an issue.

Amplify’d from www.pcauthority.com.au
Two-screen laptops: complete overkill, or completely logical?
With two 17in HD LED displays, the SpaceBook goes against every trend in laptop design we can think of (well, apart from the Core i7 and Core i5 processors). It's more than 1.7in thick, weighs more than 4.5 kilograms, and according to its makers has the world's largest laptop screen space. While it sounds a bit like vaporware, prototype models have been pictured online, and the company is apparently taking preorders.
Read more at www.pcauthority.com.au
 

No comments:

Post a Comment