Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Doesn't this look simpler?


December 2007 Wiring Diagram, originally uploaded by arwild01.

I finally got around to updating my diagram. Like I promised, there's only 1 level of switch involved. I now find myself wishing that someone would make a 1080P HD-DVD player that can play DVD-Audio discs.... such a device would eliminate two more components from the stack! :)


Compare this with my earlier wiring schematic.


The most fascinating thing for me and all of these new toys is how many of them can download their own firmware updates via a live network connection. In fact, everything in the diagram except the TV, the Panasonic DVD(Audio) Player (Old), ICBM (old) and the Xbox (Old) can update itself with bug fixes and potentially new functionality. Actually, even the Xbox can update itself, but I just don't subscribe to Xbox live.

No comments:

Post a Comment