Friday, September 07, 2007

RSS? Readers? What?

I've struggled to explain RSS to even my more technical friends.... never mind the "less technical" people in my life like my wife and extended family members.

However, this video post is about the most straightforward explanation I've seen:



I'm a big fan of Google Reader. I started using it, because there is an "embeddable" gadget version that can appear on your "iGoogle" page... or in other words, every time I go to Google, I glance to see if any of the sights I like have new content.

I later discovered that Google Reader has a mobile version too. So if you ever seen me staring at my phone and clicking buttons... that's what I'm probably doing... catching up on my favorite web sites. Between Mobile Gmail and Google Reader Mobile I've run down my phone's battery MANY, MANY times.

If you use an RSS reader, you'll see a link at the bottom of this page to subscribe to this blog (it says "Atom" next to it).... feel free to do so.

EDIT: I also added an Icon (as described in the video) to header up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment